Code of Conduct for Election Observers
Observers accredited by the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) are obliged to fully adhere to this code of conduct. Acceptance of this code is a precondition for accreditation. This Code of conduct is applicable to Domestic and International Observers.
- Election Observers are key in the electoral process and as such every accredited observer is expected to contribute positively to the electoral process.
- Observers shall familiarize themselves with The Gambia’s electoral laws and regulations of the Independent Electoral Commission.
- Observers are required to maintain political neutrality.
- Observers are to observe the electoral process at their own cost.
- An observer may observe all stages of the voting process without violating the secrecy of the vote.
- An Observer shall not disturb or obstruct the voting, counting and other related activities in the electoral process.
- An Observer shall not communicate with voters at the Polling Station
- An Observer may address the Presiding Officer or other officials of the Commission on matters relating to an election procedure.
- An Observer must display his/her identification badge at all times in the Polling Station/ Counting and Collation center.
- An Observer must not interfere with or obstruct the functions of Polling Officials
- An Observer shall not issue complaints
- An Observer must not influence a voter’s choice.
- An Observer must not campaign for or support a candidate or party in any way.
- An Observer must not announce election results.
- Observers should be professional and ethical in their observations.
- Individual observers are to refrain from making public statements until his/her observer mission issues its official statement.
- Final reports and recommendations of observers shall be shared with the Commission.
- The Commission reserves the right to revoke the accreditation of an individual observer or that of an organization for violation of this code.
Grouped By Region 2021
Press Releases & Public Notices
- Election Songs 2016
- 01.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Matty-Sey.mp3IEC Voting WollofMatty Sey1:32s13audio/mpeg100
- 02.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Medley.mp3MetleyAll Artist4:32s4audio/mpeg100
- 03.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Election-Amie-Jahbless.mp3ElectionAmie Jahbless4:53s15audio/mpeg100
- 04.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IEC-Voting-Wollof.mp3IEC Voting - WollofCess Ngum1:24s2audio/mpeg100
- 05.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/abc-lower-basic-sch-e-songs.mp3IEC Voting Daal LenABC Cultural Heritage5:12s1audio/mpeg100
- 06.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Soldier-Pap.mp3IEC Voting WollofSoldier Pap2:48s14audio/mpeg100
- 07.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IEC-Voting-Mandinka.mp3IEC Voting MandinkaJah Alex1:46s3audio/mpeg100
- 08.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Boba-Bah-Fula.mp3IEC Voting FulaBuba Bah2:46s5audio/mpeg100
- 09.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/jacause-Manjago.mp3IEC Voting ManjagoJahcause2:08s7audio/mpeg100
- 10.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/jali-naya-Mandinka.mp3IEC Voting MandinkaJali Naya2:53s8audio/mpeg100
- 11.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Jambai-English.mp3IEC Voting Wollof-EnglishJah Mbai3:22s9audio/mpeg100
- 12.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Lena-Jola.mp3IEC Voting JolaLena B2:21s10audio/mpeg100
- 13.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/M-Sajo-sarrahuleh.mp3IEC Voting SarrahulehM Sarjo3:30s11audio/mpeg100
- 14.https://iec.gm/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Serer-Adama.mp3IEC Voting SerrerAdama2:34s12audio/mpeg100